Professional Historian Services
Are you a member of the Professional Historians Association in your State or Territory?
If so, a combined insurance policy designed specifically for Professional Historians, covering Professional Indemnity and the option of Public/Products Liability Insurance, is available for members of the Professional Historians Association (PHA).
Cover is placed through Arch Underwriting Pacific Pty Ltd (as agents for Lloyds of London).
To qualify for the program and to receive the discounted rates, you must be a member of the PHA and hold the relevant qualifications (usually a Post Grad or PhD or similar).
Program is tailored to the needs of Historians and limits of indemnity are available of $1m, $2m, $5m or $10m.
The policy is designed to cover historical research and related activities for the undertaking of research e.g. writing, interviewing etc. (Please note: this does not cover any teaching activities)
Cover for breach of professional duty on a Civil Liability basis.
- Payment of Defence or Settlement Costs
- Automatic cover for Libel & Slander up to $250,000 in the aggregate
- Automatic cover for Loss of Documents up to $150,000 in the aggregate
- Intellectual Property Rights – Unintentional breach of copyright
- Jurisdiction – Commonwealth of Australia
- Territorial Limits – Australia/New Zealand/Papua New Guinea
- Retroactive Date – Unlimited
- Optional cover for Public Liability – Bodily Injury & Property Damage
How do I obtain a quote?
Please download this form, complete and forward to:
Armbro Insurance Brokers
P O Box 21,
Ormond VIC 3204
Phone: (03) 9572 0155
Alternatively you may fax or email the form to us:
Fax: (03) 9563 5207